Freebie Images

"To see all of the freebie images I've posted on my blog scroll down & you'll find them on the right hand side. I hope you like & enjoy using them!" Kerry xxx

Friday 1 May 2009

Not the nicest of cards....

Here is a card I made a while ago & forgot to pop on here. I made it for one of my Aunts who's Mom sadly passed away.
It's the first time I'd made a 'with sympathy' card & so wasn't to sure how to go about it, ie, colours, style etc..... I just wanted something to express that our thoughts were with her.

Pp's are Laura Ashley & Coordinations, sentiment stamped & embossed, lace, ribbon & eyelets from stash.
Bank holiday weekend again....yay! & so far so good with the weather, lets hope it lasts!!!
Whatever you are up to I hope you enjoy yourselves!
Hugs, Kerry xxx

15 comments:

Cass said...

It's gorgeous Kerry.The colours are soft and muted and subtle enough to be perfect for such a sad occasion.
Hope you have a fabby holiday weekend.We've got typical bank holiday weather here....teeming from the heavens non stop.
Hugs
Cass xxx

clare said...

Gorgeous card Kerry..love the soft colours you've used TFS and hope you have a lovely weekend..and yes keep fingers crossed for the weather staying good.
Hugs clarex

Mandi said...

Gorgeous card Kerry, perfect for the occasion and not to harsh as they can sometimes be...mine I think!

Have a lovely weekend, sun out here hope it lasts

mandi xx

tracy said...

its very nice kerry, love the colours

Vicki said...

well that's weird Kerry, I typed out a comment for this beautie earlier and it's gone....spooky..so here goes again..

I agree Kerry sympathy cards aren't the nicest cards to make but you've done a marvelous job, the soft tones and the way you've cut the papers are perfect, fab layout altogether. You've also reminded me that I still haven't used my Laura Ashley papers, may have to do something about that...xx vicki xx

Pauline said...

It's quite pretty :o)

Julie said...

Hi Kez
lovely papers, looks so delicate. Perfect for a a sympathy card.
Hope you and your boys have a great weekend...x

Victoria said...

Its really lovely Kerry. These are never easy cards to make but I'm sure the recipient was very touched by it! Great colours and papers!
Hugs, Vicky x

Stacey said...

This is lovely Kerry, you've got the tone just right. It might not have been a very nice occasion but it was definately a very nice card ~♥~

Emma said...

Hi Kerry
You have made a stunning job of the card...like you say not the nicest to make.
Your creations are stunning and thank you so much for the freebies.
Emma x

Joey said...

Hi Kerry, I am like you sympathy cards are not something I enjoy and rarely do. You have a made a perfect card, love the soft colour. Joey.x

BA said...

hi kerry!!
fantastic card!!
xoxoxo BA

zcdl said...

Gorgeous card !! :)

BA said...

trhis is absolutely fantastic
xoxox BA

dstandard said...

Just enjoying your blog - beautiful work!