Freebie Images

"To see all of the freebie images I've posted on my blog scroll down & you'll find them on the right hand side. I hope you like & enjoy using them!" Kerry xxx

Thursday, 12 June 2008

Childhood memories......

Hello, nearly the weekend again.....yay!!! But, can we please have the nice weather back?!......
I much prefer the sun to the rain lol.

Now, today's card. I decided to make one of the sketches that I did at the weekend into a card.
I've drawn the image from a photo of me & my younger cousin. As you can no doubt gather, it was taken quite a while ago..........lol.
The floral paper, which I really do love is K&Co & I've then used two different tones of Bazzill cs. As of late I just had to do a little distressing........don't really know why I like this so much at the moment. However not just content with fraying & inking the edges I've also embossed them with gold.
As with past cards I have clear embossed the image, but along with this I've also done the same to the floral paper & I'm really pleased with the effect its given.
I've then added lace, eyelets, ribbon & finished with doodlebug rub-ons for the sentiment.

Thanks & also apologies in terms of the card shape. Thanks for the inspiration gained from other bloggers (that I have seen) who have used this shape & apologies as I can't remember where I have seen them so can't give specific thanks. However, I've thought all have been fantastic!!

Anyway, another day, another football match!! oh joy..........but, at least it means I can hopefully do a bit of blog hopping later lol.

Hopefully see you again soon,
Kerry xxx

17 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Kez this is such a work of art, you have given so much thought to detail and it all makes a beautiful card....Love it!

Zoe said...

This is just wonderful!

Cass said...

Kerry this is absolutely beautiful.Love everything about it.The shape is fantastic and what a lot of work you've put into it,but so worth the effort.It's gorgeous.

Cass xxx

kath said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning Kerry - a work of art and hey how many more nights of bloody football.

PaperBabe - Kim said...

Beatiful card, love your distressing and cut edges! Stunning artwork and speaking of artwork your kerryjo stamps arrived today and I really enjoyed using them I have put my versions on my blog!
http://paperbabe.blogspot.com/ Thanks for a fantastic set of stamps!

NattyK said...

Kerry, this is beautiful, I love how you have drawn the image from an old photo. Gorgeous. x

Sharon said...

What can I say, another stunning card. Love the image, it makes me think ahead to the summer hols yippee!!.
Sharon :-)x

P.S I couldn't let you be distressed all on your own lol!!

nessy said...

a beautiful creation as always kerry, lovely idea using inspiration from a family photo!!
vanessa xx

Vicki said...

wow Kerry what a beautiful work of art. Truly exquisite, I love the nostalgic feel of it and so many intricate details. Absolutely wonderful xx vicki xx

Stacey said...

So original, I love it. Your distressing is so good, it really does look old - but in a good way! Beautiful paper and, of course, wonderful 'doodle'! ~x~

Michelle said...

Beautiful card Kerry, you do not make cards though ... you make mini masterpieces! Beautiful! xx

craftyscot said...

this is absolutely stunning Kerry. I love the way you have distressed the papers
Sharon
x

Emma said...

Kerry this needs framing its so beautiful.x

Jilli said...

Kerry this is absolutely adorable. I just love everything about, especially the distressing. Its fab!

I've used your couple to make my friend a wedding anniversary card, she was thrilled with the card and thinks the image is great! I've posted it on my blog.

Jillix

Tara said...

What a beauty, distressed to perfection me thinks, lol! xx

Han said...

Wow I have just found your blog you are very talented. I wil definately be back xx

All Pink girl said...

Wow what stunning cards you have made while i have been away ,love them ,Dawnxx