Freebie Images

"To see all of the freebie images I've posted on my blog scroll down & you'll find them on the right hand side. I hope you like & enjoy using them!" Kerry xxx

Wednesday 4 June 2008

Love you dad.....

Sunshine!!!...........yay!! Don't know about anyone else but I always feel happier when the suns out, so today's a good day!

Decided I needed to get a move on with Father's day cards, I've got so many to make, from myself & hubby & from my boys to various peeps. So, above we have the first one for my boys to give to their Dad. Now I might be into cards in a big way but hubby isn't. He is wonderfully supportive with everything I do craft wise, but he's not one for going into shops specially to buy cards. Come to think of it I personally don't know any men who do! (I know others do...)
With this in mind I just wanted to make a simple card, no fuss. The image of the rhino is a doodle I drew a couple of weeks ago when I was in my 'animal' period.......lol, the same time as I did the giraffe's & zebra. I think its a good image for hubby, strong, bold & powerful!........he can pay me later....hehe
I've then used a few pieces of coloured cs, ribbon, a couple of brads & added a sentiment which is doodlebug rub-ons. Quite pleased with how its turned out & the boys seem to like it, that's what matters.
Thank you for having a nosey & see you again soon,
Kerry xxx

14 comments:

Lorraine Robertson said...

Love this card Kerry. My hubby like yours is not a card person but he would love the concept of the card saying he was strong, bold & powerful so I'm sure that yours will too. You're a fantastic artist & look forward to seeing many more of your designs.

Lorraine x

Natalie said...

This is a great card Kerry. You really have a talent for drawing, I thought this was a stamped image when I first saw it. x

Vicki said...

Blimey!!!!!! Kerry your rhino is amazing, wow!!! I'm speechless...the detail is outstanding. Brilliant card altogether. hehe!! I think your in hubbies good books with that description of him...lol!!!

Julie said...

What are you after?????....big, strong and powerful. Whatever it is I`m sure you will gget it after that description..lol. Fantastic card, I cant believe you have drawn this image, so much detail. Love the grass effect too. x

Victoria said...

You continue to amaze and inspire me. Your rhino drawing is superb. I wish I had half of your talent when it comes to drawing and doodling! Lol, Vicky x

tracey said...

really lovely card well done

Stacey said...

Blimey, you drew that?! Amazing! Kerry, you are so incredibly talented!

I too have gone for an animal theme for my dad's card this year. I wonder why it is so easy to make the men/animals connection?! ~x~

Cass said...

That's a doodle?...lol...it's a perfect drawing! Fabby card.I'm sure daddy will love it.Love the grass effect.

Cass xxx

Andrea said...

Another great card.
xAndrea

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Gorgeous card Kerry, he'll adore it I am sure :) and your rhino is amazing.

Tarasdesigns said...

your rhino is amazing, your doodles (although they are so much more than a simple doodle) are fantastic

x

Tara said...

This is sooooo cool, you really are uber talented. Just been playing with your chinese lady, she's such fun!
xx

Michelle Short said...

WOW! Great card Kerry, first of all your doodle is amazing and love how you have teared the green card to look like grass and inked the sides of the gray card - it looks like leather - like a rhino's skin - aren't you clever!! Love the layot too and I bet your hubby will love it :0) xx

Zoe said...

A very strong and dominant card! I dont know how you do it, maybe you could offer some tutorials for us who would like to be able to draw and cant?